In India there are numerous competitive exams conducted for undergraduate and post graduate for securing services in the government. The test formats and subjects vary according to the level of the test. Most competitive exams are objective in nature, followed by a personality test, and are conducted in various venues at centres across India. Competitive exams are tough, with lakhs of aspirants appearing for a limited number of seats.
The rise in the number of applicants for government jobs and PSU jobs made the old system increasingly redundant. A need to hire people with proper skills was also felt to cause functioning of governments and public-sector units. Competitive exams enable job-seekers with sufficient knowledge and skills to get suitable posts in the government and private sector. Only top scorers in competitive examinations are selected for jobs.
If you want to make a career of your choice, it is essential to know how competitive exams in India are administered. The type of tests and written papers will depend on where you are applying for a job. In India Competitive exams can roughly be divided into four modules. There are various categories under these modules. These categories depend upon the employer and nature of the job.
Skills Test: Done in the form of written exams for general knowledge and skills in languages, mathematics, general knowledge and science.
Mental Aptitude: Consists of psychometric tests to gauge intelligence, problem-solving skills and personality tests.
Physical Fitness: Administered through medical checks at authorised hospitals and clinics.
Personal Interview: The foremost tool to judge the abilities of a person. In the face-to-face contact between the interviewer & interviewee, it is possible to record more than only verbal responses; which are often superficial. When human beings communicate directly with each other, much more information is communicated. The nature of words used, facial expressions & body language- together contribute in judging a person.
you can find out Various Competitive exams which are listed below:
- Popular Competitive Exams in India
- There are several more competitive exams in India.
- Staff Selection Commission
- Railway Recruitment Board
- Assistant Central Intelligence Officer
- Combined Defence Services
- Life Insurance Corporation.
- University Grants Commission.
- Reserve Bank of India.
- National Council for Education, Research and Training (NCERT).
SSC Competitive Exams in India
Given below is a list of SSC Competitive Exams in India:
- Accountants and Auditors Recruitment Exam
- Assistants Grade Exam
- Combined Graduate Preliminary Exam
- Clerks Grade Exam
- Divisional Accountants /Auditors/UDC Exam
- Combined Matric Preliminary Exam
- Central Police Organization SI Exam
- Income Tax/ Excise Inspectors, etc. Exam
- Stenographers’ Grade ‘C’ Exam
L.I.C/ G.I.C. Competitive Exams in India
Given below is a list of the LIC/GIC competitive exams in India:
- G.I.C Officers’ Exam
- L.I.C Officers’ Exam
- G.I.C. Assistants Exam
- L.I.C Development Officers’ Exam
Banking Exams in India
Following is a list of the banking exams in India:
- Nationalised Banks Probationary Officers’ Exam
- State Bank Of India Probationary Officers’ Exam
- IBPS Probationary Officers’ Exam
- IBPS Specialist Officers’ Exam
- State Bank Of India Clerical Exam
- IBPS Clerical Exam
- Reserve Bank Officers’ Grade ‘A’ / ‘B’ Exam
- Bank Clerical Exam
Defence Exams in India
Given below is a list of Defence Competitive Exams in India:
- National Defence Academy (N.D.A.) Exam (UPSC)
- Combined Defence Services (C.D.S.) Exam (UPSC)
- I.A.F. Airman (Non-Technical Trades) Exam
- I.A.F. Airman (Technical Trades) Exam
- Indian Navy Sailors Direct Entry Recruitment Exam
- I.A.F. Airman (Educational Instructors Trade) Exam
- Indian Army Soldiers General Duty (NER) Exam
Railway Recruitment Board Exams in India
The Railway authority conducts entrance examinations for the recruitment of highly eligible candidates for various openings in the Railway service. Railway entrance examinations are held for the selection of technical and non – technical cadres in railway.
List of exams conducted by RRB to recruit Group B, C and D employee mentioned below:
- Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) Exam
- Railway Group-D Exam
- RRB NTPC Jobs
- Assistant Station Master (ASM)
- Section Engineers
- Goods Guard
- Assistant Manager
- Junior Engineer
- Sports Persons
- Railway Services Grades
- Railway Engineer
- Traffic Apprentice
- Traffic Assistant
- SCRA Exam
- Ticket Checker (RRB TC)