BCA Entrance Exam Coaching
BCA Course is a study of computer science and its related applications. BCA is said to be one of the most sought-after courses for students who wish to make a career in the field of Information Technology.
The Bachelor of Computer Applications course enables students for roles pertaining to Computer Applications and the IT industry and helps a student to develop programming skills, networking skills and learn application packages, programming languages and modern techniques of Information Technology. BCA Course is specially designed to prepare students for the IT field and also build a basic foundation for higher studies.
Admission Process in BCA Course
Admission to BCA course can be secured through an entrance exam or on merit basis. Aspirants need to fulfil the eligibility criteria primarily to be able to sit for the entrance exam of any institute. Often, there is an entrance exam conducted by a particular university such as IPU-CET, SET.
The application process for BCA course entrance commences from the month of May and June. You can apply in both offline and online mode of the application process. The difficulty level is moderate and the questions are of 10+2 level.
BCA Entrance comprise of questions from the following topics:
1) Mathematics- Basic Algebra, Basic trigonometry, Basic Geometry, Arithmetic Ability, Basic Statistics, etc
2) Logical Ability & Reasoning- In this section the question s are designed to test the logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude including Numerical Ability and Data Interpretation.
3) Computer Awareness & IT- Basic knowledge of computer and its application are tested up to level of Class X.
4) General Knowledge- Questions are set to test the general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation, and current affairs.
5) English Knowledge & Comprehension- Grammar and phonology, Reading an unseen passage, Comprehension, interpretation and drawing inference.
Career Prospects after BCA Course
There are a variety of career options that are available for a BCA graduate in IT industry. BCA degree holder can work in several sectors, some of which include Education, Multimedia, Financial Institutes, Government Departments, Security and Surveillance etc.
Candidates who don’t wish to go for a job after graduation, can also opt for higher studies like MCA degree i.e. Master of Computer Application. Another good option is Master’s Degree in Computer Management (MCM) or Master’s Degree in Information Management (MIM). For students inclined more towards the managerial aspects of an organization, MBA in Information Technology from a reputed B-School in India is a good option.
Job profiles for BCA graduates
The job profiles suitable for BCA graduates are:
Top Recruiters of BCA graduates
Top companies where BCA graduates can get a job are:
Game Developers and Testers
Academic Options after BCA Course
After completion of BCA course degree, there are several options available for students in India. After BCA, candidates have an obvious choice of an MCA degree which is a postgraduate degree in Computer Applications. MCA is available at all top universities including JNU Delhi, University of Delhi and University of Hyderabad. Another good option is Master’s Degree in Computer Management (MCM) or Master’s Degree in Information Management (MIM).